Guidelines for Advertising in the Pink Panther
The Kaiser PTA School Newspaper, The Pink Panther, is sent home with each student – please look for it.
The Pink Panther is the weekly newsletter sponsored and issued by the Kaiser PTA. Its purpose is to serve as a means of communicating with parents to announce school events, PTA functions, and child-related community matters. It is not a forum for debate. The main body of the paper will contain only information that pertains to school and children’s activities. Concise informational announcements and limited advertising may be accepted by the Pink Panther, consistent with its purpose and subject to the guidelines set forth below:
1. Short personal ads by members of Kaiser families or staff are accepted for a minimal charge of $2.00 per line if the ad sells services (i.e. babysitting) or personal property (i.e. musical instruments).
2. Short ads by individual members of the Oakland/Montclair/Berkeley Community are accepted, free of charge, if the ad gives away pets or personal items.
3. The Pink Panther will accept prepared, single-page ads from businesses offering services related to curriculum, remedial education services or special training/tutoring so long as the services support the goals and objectives of the school (see PTA Guidelines to National Principles for Corporate Involvement in the School, 1996). A fee of $10.00 – $25.00 will be assessed for this service. The business must provide sufficient printed copies of the accepted ads (i.e. 275 copies).
4. The Pink Panther will accept ads for childcare, camps and classes offered to school-age children. A $10.00 fee will be assessed. Fees will be waived for nonprofit or state/local government sponsored programs.
5. Commercial ads are generally not accepted, except as set forth in paragraphs 3 and 4 above.
6. For all other business ads, please advertise in the Spring Auction Booklet.
ITEMS WHICH ARE SUBMITTED AND DO NOT CONFORM TO THESE GUIDELINES MAY BE EXCLUDED OR EDITED BY THE PRINCIPAL, PTA PRESIDENT OR THE PINK PANTHER EDITOR.