What Does The PTA Budget Pay For?
Kaiser Elementary is a small school community and with the financial support of our PTA we are able to provide enrichment programs that compliment our classroom learning experiences. Our programs include:
- Art education and instruction
- Music & musical instrument instruction
- An outdoor garden for hands-on science instruction
- A digital learning lab with computer instruction
- Access to our PTA-funded library
- Second Step program to teach conflict resolution
The PTA also provides funding for supplementary staffing that provides extra classroom help and lunchtime supervision.
These programs are an important part of the whole-child experience at Kaiser.
Where Does The PTA Budget Come From?
Our PTA raises money through a series of fundraising efforts that include:
- Our annual auction
- Our walk-a-thon
- School Rewards from Amazon.com
- Target Red card
- Oakland A’s 50/50 ticket sales
- Harvest Festival
- Oakland Warriors ticket sales
- Kaiser Spiritwear
- Boxtops for education
- Ink cartridge recycling
The cost of enrichment programs is significant and the support of our parent community is essential to the programs we provide. In many cases, the cost of a program is driven by the staff costs and we have excellent instructors in our programs. If you ask a Kaiser parent or Kaiser student what makes our school special, they will often name our enrichment program staff members by name, just as they do our amazing faculty. Our campus features activities that cannot be funded within the OUSD budget. Our PTA-funded enrichment programs are PTA- approved investments that represent the educational goals of our community.