The School Site Council is the forum where all the major contributors in the school come together to identify common goals and establish, on a yearly basis, the plan of action for achieving these goals. The SSC’s success depends upon both the ability and the willingness of all those involved in the process to work together, in a cooperative manner, to develop effective community, curricular, and instructional programs wherein all students may attain higher levels of academic competence.
What We Do
Membership and Participation
- All meetings are open to all parents and we encourage and invite everyone to participate.
- Membership is typically a three-year commitment.
- Voting is limited to Elected Members of the Council. Elections are held school-wide, and typically held on “Welcome Back to School Night” in September. Announcements to open positions can be issued as early as April or May of the preceding school year to allow for interested parents ample time to decide on their commitment and availability.
- The SSC is presently composed of the following members:
- (3) teachers – typically chosen and elected by the other staff member
- (1) member at large
- (5) parents
- The Chair is a parent voted into the role by all elected members.
- 2014-2015 Members:
- Principal: Ms. Kathrene Hatzke
- Teacher Representatives: Ms. K. Hunter (Secretary); Ms. A. Bailey; Ms. R. Vineyard
- Member at large: Ms. L. Kaho’oaekle
- Parent Representatives-all in their 1st of 3 years: Ms. Lizette Bahamondes, Mr. Mike Avila, Ms. Angela Smith-Romero, Ms. Susy Hovland and Ms. Liza Lyons (chair).
We will meet on the following dates for the 2014-2015 school year: September 17, October 22, November 19, January 21, February 18, March 18, April 22, May 20, (June 10th only if an emergency).
If you have any questions you may contact the Council at: email@example.com