Traffic Guidelines for Drop-off/Pick-up Zones at Kaiser Elementary
Public Safety of Our Students is Our Number One Priority
All parents are expected not to park and to use the circle as drop off zone from 8:30am – 9:30am, 2:30pm – 3:30pm and 1:00pm -2:30pm on minimum days. This drop off zone will utilize Safety Patrol members and parent volunteers as workers and coordinators, respectively. Accordingly, all parents will be expected to follow appropriate traffic rules when dropping off and picking up their children from our school site.
- Unless you have a handicap permit, parking in handicap zone is ALWAYS prohibited. This includes the blue handicap zone in the circle. You can and will be cited by school and city police authorities.
- Parking and leaving your vehicle unattended in the circle during drop off times is prohibited. You can and will be cited by school and city police authorities.
- Parking in/blocking teacher parking spaces is prohibited; you will be towed.
- Always let your child out of the car in the drop off zone near the sidewalk.
- DO NOT let your child out of the car in the far lane of the circle.
- DO NOT let your child out on the driver’s side of the vehicle without an adult escort
- You are strongly encouraged to park on Hiller Drive. By parking on streets or areas other than the circle, you reduce traffic congestion and can safely walk your child to the school campus.
- Be courteous to drivers at all times; everyone is or may be trying to drop-off/pick-up their child at the same time.
- Be courteous to Safety Patrol, volunteers and staff. They are here to assist you with safely arriving and leaving the school site.
Consequences for Traffic Violations:
- You will be cited (ticketed) by traffic authorities, if you violate traffic rules and regulations.
- The Oakland Police Department Traffic Division has been notified to heighten citations effective September 4, 2012.
- Blocking teacher parking lots can result in a parking ticket and your vehicle being towed.
- Any towed vehicle must have all fees paid prior to release. This includes all previous violations, tow fees, and all other applicable fees.
All parents will be expected to adhere to these policies.